Read report below
During the fall of 1989, GCF Inc. met with Mr. Bob Watson of the S.O.I. OMSG Crane Group in Harvey, LA to discuss different cost saving filtration products and preventive maintenance measures for use on offshore cranes and other S.O.I equipment.
As a result of Mr. Watson's interest in these products and procedures, several pieces of S.0.I. equipment were outfitted with GCF Filters in the Bay Marchand Field.
GCF Filters were installed in April of 1990 and were tested for a seven (7) month period. Test results were compiled and presented to S.O.I. during the month of January 1991. After the testing of the GCF Filters, S.O.I. Personnel requested that another brand of filter be tested to see if even more superior results could be achieved over the GCF Filters.
S.O.I. personnel selected a major filter manufacture to supply filters to be tested against the results of the GCF Filters. The filters selected were of the highest and latest technology. At S.O.I.'s request, the name of the filter company and model number of the filters used in this comparative test can only be given upon request. Therefore, throughout the following information I will refer to the above mentioned filter company and their filter as ''Competitive Filter and Competitive Filter Co.''
Before reviewing the results on the Competitive’s Filter tested at the Bay Marchand Field, I feel it is essential for us to recap the achievements of the testing of the Gulf Coast Filters & GCF P/PM Program. By the use of the Gulf Coast Filters & GCF P/PM Program, many decisive and cost effective achievements were achieved on the test equipment within the Bay Marchand Field and are as follows:
1. EFFECTIVE PORTABLE ON SITE OIL ANALYSIS FOR ALL EQUIPMENT.
2. REDUCTION AND/OR CONTROLLED WEAR WITHIN THE NATURAL GAS ENGINES WITHOUT THE NEED FOR ROUTINE OIL DRAINS.
3. A 60% REDUCTION IN WEAR WITHIN DIESEL ENGINES.
4. AVERAGE OF 50% REDUCTION IN WEAR WITHIN HYDRAULIC SYSTEMS.
5. WATER CONTENTS OF LESS THAN 50 PPM. TEST HAVE SHOWN THAT THE GCF FILTERS CAN ACHIEVE WATER CONTENTS OF LESS THAN 50 PPM WITHIN THE HYDRAULIC SYSTEMS AND OTHER EQUIPMENT.
6. SAFE ELIMINATION OF ROUTINE OIL & HYDRAULIC FLUID DRAINS ON NATURAL GAS ENGINES, DIESEL ENGINES, AND HYDRAULIC SYSTEMS.
7. 70% SAVINGS ON LUBE OIL PURCHASES FOR OIL DRAINS.
8. REDUCTION IN TRANSPORTATION & STORAGE COST FOR LUBE OIL.
9. 70% REDUCTION OF WASTE OIL DISPOSAL.
10. OVER 50% SAVINGS ON FACTORY OIL & HYDRAULIC FILTERS.
11. REDUCTION OF DOWNTIME & MAN-HOURS TO MAINTAIN THE EQUIPMENT.